Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sedona Getaway!

Outside of our room


T'Laquepaque enjoying an ice cream cone

Jeff and I spent a really wonderful weekend in Sedona. The weather was beautiful! We stay at L"AUBERGE for the first time. It is an amazing retreat to say the least. You are right next to the creek, the view is breathtaking. We wandered around town eating, relaxing, shopping and having happy hour! Also walking along the creek and hiking up to town on the path from the resort up to Uptown Sedona. I really love Sedona, it holds so many wonderful memories of my Papa and my Grandma. My Papa met the love of his life, Nelwyn, back in the early 70's when I was around 6 or 7, and they married and moved into her spectacular home in Uptown Sedona, just 3 streets above the old town. They lived there happily until they both passed away. It is a beautiful place that has changed so much since the days I spent there when I was a child. My Papa and I would walk every day to the post office which was just 2 streets down from the house. It was just a tiny little place. Now they have a huge one. We would go to the movies at the little movie theater. I think it was called the Flicker Shack, my Grandma once owned it many years before my Papa. I think there was like one movie showing a day or something. It was so peaceful and quiet back then. Now it is a total tourist trap, but still a wonderful town with many memories I will treasure.

3 comments:

Xandi said...

Did you eat at the Sedona Brewery? We ate there last time and it's right near the creek and Los Agrigados Lodge (we've stayed there before). Probably one of the best tasting restaurants in Sedona (we've been to a lot since my mom lives there).

Xandi said...

Oops..I meant Oak Creak Brewery. They have the best tasting french fries. You HAVE to order them!

Xandi said...

I meant Oak Creek lol..