We brought the kids into a room and then they got them all situated and hats on. We waited, and then they each walked out with a friend. Hilary and Rachelle both said some words and another couple came up and said the most amazing touching prayer for our kids and the journey that lay ahead of them. That's when it started, yes I cried, I know, I know!! Jeff kept looking at me saying, "Are you really crying!!" Hilary called each of the moms up and gave us a rose and thanked us. The kids sang some adorable songs that they had practiced, and we watched a beautiful slide show from the year. It was such a wonderful ceremony. So touching and special.

Walking with his friend Andrew!
Receiving his diploma!
Sam leading the Pledge of Allegiance! So, very proud of him!
The cutest little Graduate EVER!
After the ceremony they tell us to go outside that there is something they have been working on as a surprise for us. We go out and all get in line - kids on one side of line and one parent on the other side. Funky music starts playing, we all follow our lines around and then each one of us gets a turn dancing down the aisle with our graduate. Don't really have pics of that.


Blowing out their cupcakes.
Opening cards at home! Wow got money how exciting!!
Walking with his friend Andrew!
The cutest little Graduate EVER!
I can't believe Sam will be heading to kindergarten in August. It is truly bittersweet. I believe he is ready, I know it will be hard for the first few days for him and for me. We have contemplated waiting and sending him next year since he will not turn 5 until next month. But it feels right. We went to meet the Teacher Night last week and it was a lot of fun! His teacher and her assistant seem really great. It is a small school and an excelling school so we feel confident in our choice. He will be gone from 8:15-2:30! although the school is less than 3 minutes from our home I still am going to worry! It seems like just yesterday he was my tiny little silly goose.

No comments:
Post a Comment