Thursday, May 07, 2009

Remembering Papa

My Mom, Papa & Me on a motorhome trip!

Yesterday marked the anniversary of my Grandfather's passing. I thought about him all day and was sad and happy all at once. I have so many wonderful memories, yet of course I still miss him and so wanted Sam to know him. He was a wonderful gentleman, a loving caring man who would move mountains for you. He was honorable and honest, intelligent and would die for his country. He fought in WWII and that he held very close to his heart. He was one of a kind, and everyone who was lucky to have him in their life had nothing but kind words for him. He loved me dearly and I him. People would tell me his eyes would light up when he spoke of me or when I would walk in the room. I loved hearing that. He was more than my Grandfather, he was more of a father to me. My dad passed away when I was 15. I owe so much to him, for his love and wisdom. I feel blessed that I was able to be with him the moment he passed. I was taking care of him in his final month and I know in my heart he was hanging on until I was ready to let him go. My family would tell me you need to tell him it is okay to go now. I finally did and he peacefully passed. I wish everyone could have known this man, he was one of a kind.



With my Grandma Nelwyn Zanzucchi.

RIP Paul Mario Zanzucchi 1-16-1916 - 5-6-2003.

No comments: