Monday, August 10, 2009

Sam's First Day Of Kindergarten

My sweet Sam was a little apprehensive on the first day of school. He has worried about it since the moment we started talking about Kindergarten. The first day was kind of a practice day for the kindergartners. They were the only ones at school that day and they went from 9-11. We all met in the cafeteria. It was flooded with mom's and dad's, siblings, teachers and the Principals. We found our table and chatted with others. Mrs. Raby and her assistant were there to talk with us and spent some extra time with Sam. She knew right off he was feeling a bit scared. That helped, a lot! She is such a kind, kind woman. They had doughnuts and juice boxes for the kids. The principal welcomed us and reassured us our kids would get all the extra TLC they would need. The the kids all got in a line behind their teacher and walked out the cafeteria and headed to their room, sniff, sniff! This is the time my eyes filled with tears as I looked away from Sam. I surely did not want him to see me tearing up, especially since he was being so brave and was doing so well. So they are gone, and I have in trusted my most prized possession to another for 6.25 hours, five days a week! But I am at peace, and comfortable with who he is with. I then went down the hall to peek into his room thru the little window. He was sitting contently writing something, I was so relieved to see that.

First day of school breakfast. His favorite, English muffin with a side of hot sauce to dip it in, yogurt, and strawberries.

Looking a bit worried!
In front of the school.
In the cafeteria.
Loosing up a bit!Getting into his line.
Heading out.
Down the hall

A quick peek, before I get detention!After school! Great job!!


He has done great all last week and today. They have a really cool system at the school where you just pull up to the side of the school in a particular place and the teachers get the kids out of the car and walk them to their teachers' area under a canopy, and they put them in the car at the end of the day. It is sort of like a drive thru window! Sam is super excited that he has an account at school and he can buy chocolate milk with it! He has told us twice last week that there is a SUPER BOSSY lady in the cafeteria and he doesn't know why she has to be so bossy! He was so funny telling us the story, it was so, so funny! I can't wait to volunteer in his class, oh to be a fly on the wall...... Posted by PicasaI have to say I am enjoying the free time, but do miss him a lot. I will be at the restaurant more and am very excited about that. So the second week has begun! I will keep you all posted!

No comments: