Saturday, August 15, 2009

The week roundup

So Sam has been in school for just about 2 weeks and I am happy, ecstatic and relieved to report that he is still loving it! It has been great! It has been nice to get back into some what of a routine. I thoroughly enjoy packing his lunch everyday, putting in a special something and a little love note for him. I know he will not let me do this when he gets older so I have to take full advantage of being a mushy mommy while I can! They have done many fun projects and he has learned a lot of new songs he sings through the day! Although it is like pulling teeth to get him to tell me what they learned today! He has an account at school and is allowed to purchase milk at lunch and he thinks that is pretty cool! On Fridays he brings a quarter and he can purchase an Otter Pop to contribute to the PTO, which I have signed up for. He loves his Teacher Mrs. Raby and her assistant Miss Bonnie. "She is so very nice" to quote him! Can't tell you how many people have come to me and told me how lucky Sam is to get the 2 of them, that they are simply wonderful! There are 20 kids in his class so I am happy the teachers get an aide. The school is fairly small so it isn't so overwhelming I think, Last night we went to our friends house who was watching Sam Preschool Teachers' 3 boys and Sam asked if he could bring one of his uniform shirts to show everyone how 'cool' it was! He calls the embroidered logo 'his badge'! He was so proud of himself that he was in kindergarten! He is even playing school with all of his animals, teaching them, taking them to lunch and putting them in their car seats when it is time to go home, so funny! Anyway I am just glad he is adjusting so well and having a good time. I can't wait to volunteer in his class and see it for myself! Unfortunately, I dropped my camera and have to take it to be fixed (hopefully it can be) so I have no pictures. It is making me a very sad mommy...

1 comment:

Bing said...

Gina,
This is the very best blog I have ever seen. You do a truly magnificent job of sharing your life with Sam in most interesting, touching, and informative ways.

You are not only my favorite DIL but I believe you are the best daughter in law in the world!

I mean it, I love you.

Your FIL