Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Traumatic Day..


So today Sam and I ventured to Kohl's. Sam has had an ear infection, and we all have been sick for about 2 weeks. But today we went out to do some shopping - getting ready for the Van Halen concert this week!! As we were checking out at Kohl's I realized we did not have O'Bear. I asked Sam where he was and immediately he panicked. So we went to the lost and found and the whole way back there Sam is so very worried, almost crying, We had to wait in line for what seemed forever to ask. AND he was not there! So now I am almost in tears myself. And I say to Sam it is okay, Mommy will find him, don't worry. He then brakes down, sobbing. My heart breaks. We back track through the whole store. Me carrying him, him sobbing O'Bear's name, me teary eyed, Thank God, I see him sitting next to a mannequin. I point and smile, look there he is!! Sam sees him and just starts crying even more, So we grab him, hug him and on our way we go. Sam is still crying and very upset. Now he is worried about all the rest of his animals and where they are. But I explained they were all at home and okay and safe. Anyway, it was such a traumatic feeling thinking we had lost Sam's most prized possession and seeing him so upset hurt me to my core. Thank God we found him. I seriously don't know what we would have done if we hadn't. Sam absolutely loves O'Bear and he is part of our family, I know sounds silly, but it is very true.

No comments: