Monday, December 08, 2008

Holiday Hustle!

I am so enjoying this time of the year! I always do, but it seems each year with Sam it is just more exciting, magical and fun! He is full of questions and wonderment. I love enjoying this all through his eyes. He asked me recently if Santa has the same kind of magic that I have! We have one of those advent calendars that is wooden and has little compartments for each day of the month. And I told him one morning before Preschool that I had a feeling that Santa's elf' would be making a stop and possibly putting some goodies in it. So, when he got home I had it filled. The first thing he did was run to it and check it out. He was so excited and thought it was so nice that they came all the way here before Christmas to do that!

We are busy, busy with preparations, shopping, parties, and Holiday events. Which is all part of the fun! We went to the Polar Express, and Deer Farm, decorated the house. Tomorrow we are going out to buy a new tree! We have had a real tree for many years and I told Jeff I really wanted one of those pre-lit trees this year. So he was trying to surprise me and went to Costco today to buy me one and they were out of them! Bummer! So I will be looking tomorrow. Yesterday me and the girls went to The Tempe Art Festival and did some Christmas shooping. That is so much fun! We are either going to Glendale Glitters tomorrow or The Wildlife Worls Zoo Nights. I am hoping to do something Christmasy like that each week. We have already decided what kind of cookies we are baking for Santa. He will be treated to homemade sugar cookies with homemade frosting! My mom's recipe that we always made. We have a party to go to every weekend until Christmas, wow!

I am a little bummed that we don't have a good picture of the 3 of us for our Christmas card though. So we decided on one from our trip to the Deer Farm with just Sam. We will get those out this week! Sam is excited to put the stamps on the envelopes!

I want to go to that Holiday light event that is off of the 101 and 75th Ave?? Don't know what it is called? But I believe you drive through it? If anyone has the details let me know please.

I am also preparing for our big Christmas Eve Celebration. We have all the family over. Jeff's family, mine and some close friends. It ends up to be about 30 people! So I have a lot to do to get that all together. But it is a great time! We always have Mexican food so the cooking isn't too terribly time consuming.

So I may get a bit behind on the blog, but it is only because we are enjoying this magical time of the year. We hope you are as well!

Christmas Pasts
2007 - 3.5

2006 - 2.5

2005 - 1.5

2004 - 6 months

No comments: