Monday, June 18, 2007

Monsters?

So Super Sam is afraid of Monsters! We don't know why, how or when he was introduced to that word! But the last week or so he does not want to be alone for one second because there are monsters. If I am in the kitchen or anywhere and he is in his playroom or wherever playing he yells "Mommy where are you, you downstairs still?" I will say "Yes I am!" He says "Where are you?" So i have to give my location! If i go up stairs without him and he realizes it he FREAKS! And comes running up the stairs crying. It is so heartbreaking. A lot of the time he won't even go into the bathroom or i have to turn all the lights on in the bathroom and laundry room while we are just hanging out. I honestly don't know how he learned about monsters. He doesn't watch that much on TV, and we always know what he is watching. He also is asking us about 'bad guys', what!!! And who they are and what they do, where they live. He is my little worrier for sure. If we tell him so and so isn't feeling well or if one of us is sick he gets so upset and worries. He is very empathetic which is wonderful, but I hate seeing him get so worried. So we are just trying to make him feel safe and secure and explain to him there are no monsters and as for the bad guys, we are working on that. Maybe this is just a phase lots of kids go through?

2 comments:

Jenn Hydeman said...

Oh Sammy! Trinity is going through a similiar thing with going down the long hallway to her bedroom...she wants me to go with her everytime! So, I feel for you. You are doing a great job with him, it is just a phase that they will grow out of (although, I must admit..I get the creeps going down a long hallway at times too! LOL) We love you Sam!

Gina said...

I am sorry Trin gets a bit scared as well. It is so hard to tell them it is okay so they will really understand, and I don't want him to be afraid! i guess maybe it is just something they have to go through. Thaks for the input! XOXOX Gina