Friday, August 03, 2007

Our Family of Feathered Friends


Sam quietly watching, oh and I love this shirt. Too funny!
We have a little feathered family on our front porch! We noticed a few weeks ago a nest and the mommy and daddy bird there all the time. With doves one of the parents is always on the nest "guarding" the eggs, they take turns. Well finally there were 2 babies!! They have been just sitting up there. There poor nest has been completely blown away, but at least they have a little ledge. We go out every day and check on them and they don't seem afraid of us. I think they will be on their own soon and gone. It is just amazing the dedication these parent birds have, if only all species, including human, were this dedicated to their babies. It really is amazing to me. I just love all animals and find them so interesting and often times really amazed at what they have to go through just in their every day lives.






1 comment:

Xandi said...

Love the shirt! I gotta get one for Corbin. We were at a friends bbq over the weekend and their 3 year old daughter (who looks like she's 2) kept grabbing Corbin's hand and dragging him all over the place. It was really starting to bugg him, so he'd sit on the floor so she'd have a more difficult time...and so it begins...