Thursday, January 31, 2008

When does it stop?


The millions of excuses not to go to bed!!!!! This all started a few months back. Before he would go to bed, we would read some books and he would fall asleep like that! Now there is this crazy running in and out of each room upstairs and then we finally get him in bed, read, relax and wait, and wait, and wait. We lay with him until he falls asleep. Now we will be in there forever! Then it is, I need to pee pee, I need to poop, I am hungry, I am thirsty, I am scared, the bed is itchy, blah, blah, blah! By that time in the night we ususally give up and he comes in our room (he comes in there around 12 anyway). And, I am so ready for my "me" time ya know! He does not nap, (hasn't for over a year) so I am pretty ready for him to call it a day. Don't get me wrong, I love him to death, but Mommy needs some quiet time herself, lol! So I ask when does it end, if ever right? I am sure this is just the begining, and it may get worse right? Any suggestions out there??? Well off to get some Starbucks to get me through another day!!!!

2 comments:

Jenn Hydeman said...

Trinity started doing this around his age...here is our routine and it works! We eat our dinner, get a bath, then come downstairs for her "late night snack". After that we go upstairs and read 2 books in bed with her, we turn out the lights and wait. IF after 10 minutes she is goofing around and not going to sleep, we tell her that we are going to let her have some private time, and will check in on her in a few minutes. I come back in 5 mins, she is usually asleep. We reminded her how important sleep was, and how we LOVE to be with her when she falls asleep, but if she keeps stalling and not falling asleep that we can't be in there. She gives us no problems now, it is lovely! Good luck mama!!!

Anonymous said...

This started happening with Noah a couple of years ago and we still have nights like it every once in a while. I got a radio and a couple of lullaby CDs. I tell him to close his eyes and imagine big fluffy clouds floating by while he listens to the music. Most of the time it works like a charm but sometimes he is hungry or hot or cold or who knows what. Luckily Sophia hasn't had these problems YET!