Monday, January 12, 2009

Wow, All Of A Sudden


Sam can read, really, seriously! When I picked him up from school today his teacher gave me his weekly reading log and said, Now make sure you have him read the books to you as well as you reading to him, especially these ones. And she pointed to them. And she was really serious, and she has been telling us (the parents) how much they are really reading. But Sam is a different child at home most of the time. It's like he doesn't want us to know what he knows, lol! Well tonight I started going over the title of one book, (not one that she specifically said for him to read) A House For Mouse. He read the entire title to me! I said, have you read this before, he said, no. And I know we have never had it as one of the books he has checked out. As we went along in the book he was reading every word in it! It is one of the Scholastic Sight Word Tales Books. http://catalog.scholasticcatalog.com/sight_word_tales-p-177247.html I am so proud of him! Now I know he can't totally read but he is very much on his way!! I am so excited to tell Jeff! He is at Kung Fu right now. Sam has been able to read words, but not like this in sentences and all. And it was really just all of a sudden!!! Miss Hilary, you ROCK! Thanks for all your wonderful hard work!

No comments: