Okay, I know some people think I am a bit out there sometimes, but I think I am on to something with this. I have been seeing an acupuncturist and she has started me on some Chinese medicine. I find it fascinating. Chinese herbs are medicines have been relied on for their health for thousand years. She is also helping me get my elbows fixed! But I have noticed a big difference when it is that time of the month. Way less irritable, pain, etc. I have more energy and, less stressed, more relaxed. So between my acupuncturist and my nutritionist I hope to be the healthiest I have been. I turn 40 in October and I have made a promise to myself to be the healthiest (body and soul) I can.
I have been taking: Gui Pi Wan
What does it do?
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the heart controls the blood and stores Shen (the spirit), the spleen absorbs the nutrients we eat and transport them to the blood. When the heart function is weak, one may develop anemia, palpitation, and pale face; one may also have difficulty to fall into sleep, be easy to forget things. When the spleen function is weak, digestion is impaired, the blood is not well nourished and may not be hold well in the blood vessels, which may increase the tendency of bleeding.
Gui Pi Wan (Pian) strengthens the spleen and the heart, nourishes blood and Qi, calms the mind.† How it acts in modern biochemical terms is not yet understood. Gui Pi Wan has been indicated in China Pharmacopoeia1 for use in heart and spleen deficiency, palpitation, short of breath, insomnia, amnesia, dreamness, dizziness, bodily tiredness, and poor appetite.
And, Xiao Yao Pian
is a well known ancient Chinese herbal medicine for liver Qi stagnation. Today, it is a commonly used herbal remedy for anxiety, irritability, stress, and depression due to the challenge of a daily life or premenstrual tension.soothing the liver and strengthening the spleen, tonifying the blood and regulating menstruation.
No comments:
Post a Comment