Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Concern for Daddy....


I was putting Sam in his car seat, and he pulls me in to hug and kiss me which is normal, but after, I looked at him and he looked very sad. So I asked him what was the matter?

Me "You look sad, is something wrong?"
Sam "I am worried about Daddy."
Me "Why honey, Daddy is good."
Sam "I worry about him at the restaurant so much."
Me "I know, he works very hard, but I think he is okay, we will call him okay."
Sam "Okay, I just worry."
Me "I know you, are so sweet to be concerned about Daddy, he is lucky to have you."

My little man is such a concerned, empathetic, and a bit of a worrier. It amazes me how in touch he is with everything. I wish he wasn't worried about Daddy, but I am amazed at how he can express himself. I have never mentioned to him Jeff working so much and we don't like to talk negative around him or anything since he does have a tendency to worry and get overly concerned about things. He has such a wonderful, caring soul.

No comments: