Monday, July 21, 2008

So Proud

 

Today Sam had his 4 year well check. The doctor came into the room and sat down on his little chair and pulls out bis little table. When he walked in he held out his hand and Sam shook his hand. But anyway when the doctor sat down Sam stood right in front of him. I was behind him. The doctor started asking Sam questions about what he eats, if he goes to the dentist, if he swims, uses sunscreen, gets exercise, how much TV he watches, if he goes to school, who is his best friend, if he sleeps good, etc. Sam stood there and had a total conversation/interview with him for a good 10 minutes. The doctor kept looking over at me and mouthing, "Wow, so intelligent." I was just so proud of him and the way he handled himself and answered every question with confidence and honesty. I wish I had my camera to video it. He even told the doctor "Sometimes I have too many Popsicles!" The doctor was so impressed with him, and told us he rarely has a conversation slash interview with a 4 year old like this, and his vocabulary is extraordinary! He told us, "You need to make sure he is in special classes when he gets into kindergarten to keep developing his remarkable intelligence." He is quite an amazing person our Sam, and it is so wonderful when others see what you see.
He is 43 inches, I think that is like 3'7. And weighs 42 pounds. The doctor said his weight his perfect for his height and he unfortunately sees so many overweight kids at this age. He had to get some shots and he was so very brave. He did cry and it broke my heart. But he is good now, and afer we left it didn't phase him anymore. He just ripped off the bandages, what a stud! God I just adore him......
Posted by Picasa

No comments: